In today’s busy and tech kind of environment, nobody have time to spend on shopping. Basically, I mean to go to the market and do shopping of their needy things like grocery, apparels, furnishing, home decor, and many more. So, they opt for online shopping.
Online shopping is the act of buying goods or services from a seller over the Internet using web browser. It is also called online retailing, which is a form of electronic commerce which allows consumers to directly connect to a seller.
For online shopping, customers must have access to the Internet and an appropriate method of payment like credit card, debit card or net banking facility, etc. in order to complete transactions. But some sellers have Cash on Delivery facility too.
Consumers visit the website of the retailer directly or search alternative vendors using a shopping search engine, and after a long search they find a product of their interest and add it to the shopping cart (as most online retailers use). Then, after adding all their useful stuffs, they go through a process called “checkout”, in which payment and delivery information is collected, if necessary. Some stores stored all information in their databases make the customer a permanent member of that store, this process called “sign-up with a particular user-id”, so that all this information only needs to be entered once.
Then comes the payment part, and here shoppers commonly use credit card or a PayPal account in order to make payments.
However, some alternative means are as follows:
- Billing to mobile phones and landlines
- Cash on delivery (C.O.D.)
- Cheque / Check
- Debit card
- Direct debit in some countries
- Electronic money of various types
- Gift cards
- Postal money order
- Wire transfer/delivery on payment
Now comes the delivery part, once the payment happened, the products or services can be delivered to the consumers in following ways:
- Shipping is one of method in which the product is shipped to a customer-designated address.
- Drop shipping is the method of distribution in which the order is passed to the manufacturer or third-party distributor, who then ships the item directly to the consumer, bypassing the retailer’s physical location to save time, money, and space.
- Downloading/Digital distribution is used if the products are digital media such as software, music, movies, or images, so they used more often.
- In in-store pick-up, the customer selects a local store using locator software and picks up the delivered product at the selected location. Like the redemption of the tickets, codes, or coupons at the appropriate physical or online premises.
And many more ways are used for delivery.
For this kind of easiest way of shopping, there are many online shopping sites (stores) that would help to save time & money through online shopping.